TASK 2: SELF INTRODUCTION EMAIL TO PROFESSOR (REVISED)

Subject: Self Introduction Email to Professor

Dear Professor Blackstone,

My name is Quek Ming Hao, but everyone calls me Zappy, and I am writing this email to tell you more about myself. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in civil engineering, and I am currently pursuing the same field of study in Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). I grew up watching Phineas and Ferb, an animated comedy in which the main characters invented machines and gadgets. I was inspired by them to build something of my own and this led to me choosing civil engineering. Professionally, I aspire to contribute sustainably to the city planning of Singapore by working under Urban Redevelopment Authority.

I chanced upon my strengths during drama lessons back in polytechnic. My first roleplay was a disaster as my legs stood rooted to the ground due to stage fright. My confidence gradually increased and my final roleplay was filled with jeers and cheers (jeers as I was the bad guy). I believe what I learnt from drama would greatly assist me for my future presentations.

On the downside, due to my bad grammar, I tend to stutter when I speak. My grade for O Levels English was B4 and I am positive it was due to my compositional writing. Even my scripts for drama were rectified by my peers that were more proficient in English than I am. 

A quote by Steve Jobs, "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become." has embedded deeply into my heart. My flaws are justified by my lack of confidence where under your professional guidance, I endeavour to become a confident individual that displays all 7Cs through constant practice in effective communication class.

Best regards,

Quek Ming Hao

Civil Engineering, Group 5

Comments

Popular Posts